I began the project as written, however as you can see I veered away from it. I used the size US 15 needles and did 6 repeats of the lace pattern as prescribed, however then I did 8 rows of stockinette with size US 8 needles. I then returned to the size 15 needles and went back to the lace pattern, rather than making two squares and stitching them up. To seam up the sides, I crocheted them together with a large hook (to be honest I'm not sure what size it is). I then picked up stitches along the top and did about 6 rows of stockinette again, before doing an applied I-cord top that later turned into a handle and was grafted to itself. So yeah... I kind of started making my own pattern that was definitely based on this one.